Social Media Icons

 photo CarrieH-Email_zps4241b962.png  photo CarrieH-Facebook_zpsf1571023.png  photo SocialMediaIcon1_zps5c7e5298.png  photo CarrieH-SocialMediaIcon_zps6e33496e.png

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

What I'm Loving....

Today's prompt is "What I'm Loving Wednesday." I got really excited about this prompt, I don't know why really, but maybe because I've had some writer's block and some general "blah" (some people call it depression, but if I call it that, then it will really be real), and hearing the prompt is encouraging in itself! I want to hear what you all are loving. Oh so seriously! Is it the book you are reading? (Shame on me, I am over a chapter behind in both of my book studies, inspire me). Are you loving your yard? Your pets? Your latest classroom design? Some special little thing? Your kids? Your best vacation idea? Well, you can read about and post about these at Big Time Literacy. I am linking up, so just click on over!

Don't laugh at me (too much anyway). But I can't wait to show off what I did for fun last night. The kiddo (more commonly referred to as Punky) wanted to craft last night and reminded me that I said we could bead the next time we had a craft night. *sigh* I wanted to make stuff for my classroom.... but okay, if this one little thing will make her happy....

But I did start off with a school related "project" of sorts. My partner and I have been talking about first day pictures. And I decided that it is a good thing to do, so.... yesterday at Walmart I bought this blank chalkboard plaque.

And some liquid chalk. Who knew? This stuff is magical!! I don't know about the nature of this board and if I can clean this off after our 1st day photos, but if so, that will be even cooler! (more cool? idk.... just go with it).
TaDa!! Here it is! I had SO. MUCH. FUN making this! We are photo ready! As it is now, students will just hold the sign, but I just had an epiphany of sorts.... what if I got a longer piece of twine and they could put it around their neck? (Good idea? or no?)

On to the beading aspect of the evening....

Here's the turquoise and blue (and of course a little bit of purple because, let's face it, life is better with a little purple in it) necklace I made. It's a little bit short, but not choker short, so it's all good!
And last but not least next to last, hmmm, but certainly not least.... my folks brought back a little charm they bought from the Zuni tribe when they were in AZ this past winter. Mom encouraged me to switch out the charm on a necklace they had gotten me previously, but I knew right away that I wanted to make a simple inner necklace to go with a longer necklace I put together last year. So.... the outer necklace is not new and most of it is a recreation of a previous necklace, that had two strings that were connected. I didn't connect these. One obvious reason being that I made them at different times. The outer necklace was remade because of the little black pieces that lay outward, the center one broke. So I looked and looked for a replacement piece. I finally found this piece that is in the center now. And look, it was meant to be together with that charm that my Mom and Dad got for me.
I wish my pictures were not blurry. But that is the life of a girl who won't (can't) spring for a more expensive phone and just lives with the camera in the phone. *sigh*

Last but not least for real this time).... my compadre (Punky), made a necklace and gave it to me. She likes to heal others and she really tries to make the world a better place by giving gifts and acts of kindness. Some hurts can't be healed with necklaces and parties or even massages (although I never mention that part because I love to have a back or shoulder massage).
She did a nice job of making something simple and yet appealing. I promised her I will wear it. And I will.

I don't wear jewelry in everyday life, I wear it as part of my teaching life though. It is part of my "uniform." I wore necklaces sometimes when I worked this summer as a waitress also. But today I will be a jeans and t-shirt gal and I'll just go naked around my neck. How about you? Do you like jewelry? Necklaces? Rings? Bracelets? Or do they cramp your style and make you feel a little bit suffocated?

8 comments:

  1. I like necklaces, but am picky about the way they feel. If it is a good fit, I'll wear it a lot, but if not, no good. Your Punky is sure a sweet little girl (she must have a great mom...).
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love necklaces, but I generally end up taking them off at school. It just starts to drive me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Necklaces have driven me nuts forever, but as a teacher, I have learned to live with them, and even enjoy them.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE accessories. Except my Pandora bracelet when I'm typing. The little charms clank around it drives me nuts!
    Kinder first day sign is totes adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs... hope you get out of the funk you are in. I love the sign you made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the turn around is happening, it just takes time. :)

      Delete