Social Media Icons

 photo CarrieH-Email_zps4241b962.png  photo CarrieH-Facebook_zpsf1571023.png  photo SocialMediaIcon1_zps5c7e5298.png  photo CarrieH-SocialMediaIcon_zps6e33496e.png

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Books worth reading....

http://bigtimeliteracy.blogspot.com/2015/07/daring-greatly-book-study-25.html

I will be late again this week posting about Daring Greatly. I will note it as a book worth reading though. Last week's reading was overwhelming and deep. I am just starting in on chapter 3 which is 52 pages long! So I expect mind-boggling information again.

I am knee-deep in a book study over the book Guided Math: A Framework for Mathematics Instruction. This book is also coming together with the training I attended a couple weeks ago: Children's Mathematics: Cognitively Guided Instruction (CGI). So what is rolling through my head today is the combination of excited anticipation and a feeling of being terrifyingly overwhelmed. I am super-excited about what Guided Math instruction can bring to my classroom and watching the instruction videos for CGI makes me full of excitement and anticipation for what my Kinder Kiddos might experience in the world of Math. I hated math for a long, longtime. Not until I was in college and I was taught that if kids can prove their reasoning and explain to me how they got their answer, that they can got there any way they want to. What?! Wait! That's not the way I was taught! EXACTLY.

I have also done some reading for pleasure. I love James Patterson's Women's Murder Club series. And the last book I read, Unlucky 13, was no exception. I consumed it. Or more accurately, it consumed me. I devoured this book in under 24 hours.

In the near future I'll post about my reflections on chapter 3 of the book Daring Greatly.

2 comments:

  1. Chapter 3 of Daring Greatly is my least fave. When I read the book the first time, I skipped most of it, but read through it all this time! Excited to see what you think and thanks for the other recommendations! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that we write. About what we want. The prompt can guide, but it does not define. I MUST remember that with Little People. Some will want the prompt, some will want the space to go where their spirit leads them. I love your post for this reminder!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete