I've been dying to fill out this bucket list! And now that the time has come I am dragging my feet. One reason is because then it means my first year of teaching is over. And once summer begins so does the reality that I still don't have a job. I will be a fabulous teacher wherever I go. But I will be a better teacher if I have the summer to acclimate to my surroundings (just sayin'). *sigh*
1. My teacher clipboard.
I bought the stuff to make this LAST year (2012) Spring Break. I planned to make this over the summer. Well, maybe over Christmas break.... it's summer again! Maybe I will actually get it done now!
2. Make Bandana dress for my neice.
3. Move. Okay, not really a "bucket list" item, just reality. There is joy and sorrow in this. I cannot wait to be back in my home! I don't look forward to packing up all this stuff. Ugh. And packing up all this stuff. And have I mentioned.... I don't really look forward to packing up all this stuff. That is because I have too much stuff. But it is something we are doing and it will take a lot of time and commitment.
4. Paint, organize, unpack. I kind of want to do a little painting in my old new house. "Huh?!" You might say. Well, my old house, where we used to live, and we are moving back into, is really a new house built for us only five years ago. So that is why it is my old new house.
5. "Move into a new classroom" she says optimistically. With that comes organization, preparation and more organization. Here is something that would make an awesome addition to a reading center! Praying for J.O.B. is what I am doing.
6. Hopefully a new school to learn curriculum for. So... reading is on my list! Reading and PD. I want to become more educated this summer.
7. Read for pleasure! I want to indulge in a good book or two or three. Maybe the new murder mystery club book. I don't think I've read book number 11, but if I have, the 12th book just came out as well!
8. Explore! Adventure! Time with loved ones! I want to visit the Sedgwick County Zoo with my kids and grandkids. I want to go to Coronado Heights for a day. If you live in or near Central Kansas, you should check it out: Coronado Heights, Lindsborg, Kansas.
9. More exploring! I want to spend a day in Liberal before we head home: there is the Air Museum, the Dinosaur exhibit (housed at the air museum), and Dorothy's house.
That is my bucket list. I couldn't wait for the opportunity to share it to come up and then it took me all evening to put it together! Ugh! Every year at the beginning of summer we make a list of things we would like to do. Some things can cost money, some can't. But we almost ALWAYS put a visit to Coronado Heights on the list. Tomorrow is the last day with my beloved kiddos. I have to release them and let them grow up and be ready for their next teacher. Connect, read up, leave comments, and add your own with these Bloggy friends of mine! I am linking up through Miss Kindergarten a blog I follow! Check it out!