Social Media Icons

 photo CarrieH-Email_zps4241b962.png  photo CarrieH-Facebook_zpsf1571023.png  photo SocialMediaIcon1_zps5c7e5298.png  photo CarrieH-SocialMediaIcon_zps6e33496e.png

Sunday, May 12, 2013

End of year reviewing, and Five classroom affirmations

This week we are reviewing basic Kindergarten skills in the common core standards. I suppose that we should try to accomplish more curriculum. But I want to make sure that my kiddos are on track for the next grade. Is that backwards thinking? I want them to review, but I also want to know what they know. I am still assessing like crazy for report cards so I thought that it would be best continue reviewing with a more flexible teaching schedule. The truth is, I don't like the days when we change our routine and schedule. Some kiddos don't do well with changing schedules, and I get the value of keeping our schedule the same as much as possible.

I mentioned our classroom affirmations recently. I got them recorded the other day. I plan to use this video next year.   I have not decided yet if we will use the same affirmations next year or if we'll make our own.  I have done a lot of voting on things with my students this year and have given them a lot of ownership in the way our classroom is run. I don't know what I am planning to do this next year. Here are my children doing their affirmations, after we say our five affirmations, we say... "let's do it!" just like a team in a huddle ready for the game! Whooo! My students who do not have a signed media release are just outside the camera range.



No comments:

Post a Comment