Social Media Icons

 photo CarrieH-Email_zps4241b962.png  photo CarrieH-Facebook_zpsf1571023.png  photo SocialMediaIcon1_zps5c7e5298.png  photo CarrieH-SocialMediaIcon_zps6e33496e.png

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted Linky


Hooking up with Flying Into First for the "let's get acquainted" linky.  Head over and read up or link up, or both. This week we answer the three questions. 


Linky Questions
1.  What made you decide to become a teacher?
2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?

1. What made you decide to become a teacher? Seriously... I was interested in the "time off." I know, that sounds funny now. I was working in a daycare and teaching preschool skills to three year olds, so I knew that working with children was both demanding and rewarding. I saw the parents of my daycare students pulling their children out for summer and I thought... "Hmmmm, I can do that." And after three grueling years of school, student teaching, and finally graduation, I landed that first job. I now have year number one under my belt (well, we have five more days of school). 

2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher? I think it is the progress I have seen in my little non-english speaker from Burma. He is coming so far and it is so much fun to see his growth and to talk to him now! That is my biggest reward so far this first year of teaching. 

3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be? Good question! I would most likely still be teaching preschool skills to three year olds in a daycare center.  I am grateful I am not potty training students anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment