Social Media Icons

 photo CarrieH-Email_zps4241b962.png  photo CarrieH-Facebook_zpsf1571023.png  photo SocialMediaIcon1_zps5c7e5298.png  photo CarrieH-SocialMediaIcon_zps6e33496e.png

Monday, April 1, 2013

April Currently! A Linky Party

It's time for the April Currently! Wow. April already. Hop over to Oh' Boy 4th Grade and read up.

Listening: I don't have cable now, I just have Netflix. So sometimes my go-to TV shows are not my first choice in mind-numbing television. I watch Once Upon A Time with my daughter, but often I watch Desperate Housewives. 

Loving: I was gone last weekend for Spring Break and then left again on Thursday night. My dog spent the week at his "aunt Sara's" and the pet sitter came and took care of the cat. Both of them are asleep on the couch next to me right now. I have to tell you, I missed them both. They are my babies and they make me happy.

Thinking: about the week ahead. I want to introduce some centers using Easter eggs. And so some jelly bean math.

Wanting: to fast-forward to summer. I can't wait to move home and paint and clean and plant and organize. I have stopped lying to myself about my house. I have just admitted that I love my home and I've stopped fighting that. So I miss my home.

Needing: peace about my future. I don't have a job. Uncertainty is a horrible feeling. And I'd like to say that it's okay when districts don't call or interview me. But I take it extremely personally. I agonize and analyze and try to figure out why.

Advice: advice about blogging or creating or selling. My advice is about blogging: new bloggers: join Linky parties, follow other bloggers, and learn from them. That is what I feel like I've done this year. Joining Linky parties is essential for me to connect with other bloggers.  Following other bloggers has helped me so much. When I follow, I see what my blogging community post and I see their hard work and freebies and their TpT products. 

It is time to go to bed and get ready to start the week. I'm sure the cat will sleep by my face tonight. 


5 comments:

  1. Hello! I found you at Farley's linky! I love your advice as I'm a relatively new blogger who is only just now getting heavily into it. I haven't gotten in the creating and selling side of things but the blog is up and running. I follow a bunch of blogs and love reading everyone of them. :) I really hope you get a job offer soon! Hang in there!
    Shibahn
    Mrs. Landry’s Land of Learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog through Farley's linky. I am also wanting to fast forward to summer. I have so much to do around my house as well and the best time to do it will be over the summer. Hang in there with the job searching. I currently have a position, however come June, I will be in the same boat. Things usually open up during the summer and I know that God will handle things. Keep us posted about your search.

    Cara
    The Teacher's Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through Farley's Currently.
    I LOVE Once Upon a Time and watch it on Netflix. I am almost finished with season 1. I don't think Season 2's out yet but am hoping it is soon.
    It's funny because I almost put that in my Currently post.
    I am so ready for summer also. :)
    I'm your newest follower! :)
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you are moving back to your lovely house. Being "home" is such a wonderful feeling.
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. I teach in a district not far from you (relatively speaking out in our neck of the woods). I know how hard it is to job hunt and how frustrating things can be. Hang in there!!! Keep looking and God's plans for you will come through. I am glad that you found peace in your home. That is a feeling that cannot be replaced!!!! Praying for you!

    Amanda
    Teaching Texas Teens

    ReplyDelete