Social Media Icons

 photo CarrieH-Email_zps4241b962.png  photo CarrieH-Facebook_zpsf1571023.png  photo SocialMediaIcon1_zps5c7e5298.png  photo CarrieH-SocialMediaIcon_zps6e33496e.png

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Love Notes Link Up


These are the instructions that I followed: Create a post with your “love notes” and link up!! It will be a super fun way to get to know more teacher bloggers... and provide some fun reading for the last full month of Winter!


“Lovely List”
Name: Carrie 
Grade you Teach: Kindergarten 
State: Oklahoma (this is the state we currently live in and I teach in, but my state is KS)
Birthday: July 4 
Favorite Colors: Black and ??? maybe purple
Lucky Number: 87 (there's a story here...)
Favorite Subject to Teach: Literacy!! (this is what my friend put, and I can't argue, I love teaching anything remotely related to reading)
Go to Snack: Hmmm... Power snack: cheese stick and apple slices; having-a-bad-day-and-need-help-coping snack: Coke with any form of sugar (brownies rank high here but Hot Tamales will do, or M&M's, or...)
TV Show: I miss everything FoodNetwork (Chopped, tripleD, etc.), but discovered Parenthood on Netflix (and now Hulu since we are caught up on Netflix)
Last Movie You Watched: Pitch Perfect
Music You are Loving Right Now: lovin' the same music I've loved for 30 years: rock: BonJovi, AC/DC, Mellencamp... the list goes on. Boston takes me to a happy place. Oh, opposite end of the spectrum: Chris Tomlin, Matthew West. 
Always shopping at: Walmart and TpT
Word of the day: acceptance. "Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today."

“Love Links”

share links to…

a blog you are loving right now:
all of them! I have discovered a ton of teaching blogs in the last month or so and I love reading them and the ideas I get from them! I love them all but here is a new friend I am learning from:It's "OWL" Good in Kindergarten.

Your Valentine or February pin board:
I am not sure. I search Pinterest for everything, but I don't think I have a favorite. *sigh* I'll look, just a minute.... 
I love lots of things online, but I really love how Pinterest have revolutionized meals and made it so easy to find something to eat. Here is a pin I hope to make/bake soon: Cheesy Enchilada Casserole.

This is THE BEST product I have purchased from TpT so far. 

“We’d all love to know…”

What are your favorite hobbies or what do you enjoy doing during your free time? 
I love the stock car races, they don't have them where I live now, but central Kansas is rich with race tracks and we WILL be making time for races this summer. :)

Your favorite vacation destination?
This is tough for me because we just don't go on vacations. We went to DC right before I started working on my teaching degree and visited family out there. It was awesome, educational, and fun. I like vacations where you don't have an agenda and I think I'd love to rent a cabin in the mountains sometime.
The best advice you’ve been given?
Beg, borrow, and steal. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." "Don't reinvent the wheel." I was told/taught that teaching is about what works to reach students and if a colleague or other teacher/education guru had figured out what works and is willing to share their insight, use it! Don't make it harder than it has to be! 
Most rewarding part of teaching?
Feeling the love. I have a hard time identifying a "most rewarding" part. Any type of light-bulb moment or occasion when I realize that a student has grown, whether it is social, emotional, or academically, and I had a part to play in that growth, then I feel overwhelming satisfaction.
What are you known for?
I had to ask for help here. I don't know what I am known for that I can list here, so I asked my daughter. She said cooking/baking. And that my grandson is really excited because he thinks he'll be a good cook because his Grammy and Momma are good cooks! :) I'm sure you will be Mr.! 
2 random facts:
I love Harleys. I want to own one one day. :)

I went back to school when I turned 40 to become a teacher. Love it. 

The Loves of Your Life:
Share a picture(s) of your LOVES.
My Punky. She is in 3rd grade this year.

The Redhead. She is a junior this year.

No pics of my oldest and her fam but they are my loves. Love and prayers fam. I love you all. 

Hundley. Who wouldn't love him????


Sam the Siamese. He enriches my life. I can't even explain how much. Love my pets. He was very needy after we got back from a roadtrip to Kansas.

Link up here: Love and Literacy: Love Notes Link Up

Okay, this was time-consuming and involved a LOT of copy/paste. So I tried to make it simpler by putting the copy/paste stuff all-together for you. I hope you'll link up, it won't take you as long as it did me because everything you need to copy/paste/answer is listed below. :)

“Lovely List”
Name:  
Grade you Teach: 
State: 
Birthday: 
Favorite Colors: 
Lucky Number:
Favorite Subject to Teach: 
Go to Snack: 
TV Show: 
Last Movie You Watched: 
Music You are Loving Right Now: 
Always shopping at: 
Word of the day: 

“Love Links”

share links to…

a blog you are loving right now:
Your Valentine or February pin board:
a product you adore:
“We’d all love to know…”

What are your favorite hobbies or what do you enjoy doing during your free time? 
Your favorite vacation destination?
The best advice you’ve been given?
Most rewarding part of teaching?
What are you known for?
2 random facts:
The Loves of Your Life:
Share a picture(s) of your LOVES.

3 comments:

  1. Sure wish I'd looked at your post before I did mine! It would have saved me a lot of time with the copy/paste bit!! How sweet of you, and I'm sure other people will be able to take advantage of it. I noticed your birthday is July 4th. This year my niece and cousin are all expecting on that date - my cousin is expecting twins! There are a bunch of little fire crackers that are going to be born on the 4th in my family!! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. I wish you had too. It would have saved you time! I did not enjoy a holiday birthday as a child, all my friends had plans with family and couldn't ever come to a party with me. But as an adult... I never have to work on my birthday! Now that I teach, I never do anyway, but I like having that day off!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up Carrie. : ) Hundley is adorable!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete