Social Media Icons

 photo CarrieH-Email_zps4241b962.png  photo CarrieH-Facebook_zpsf1571023.png  photo SocialMediaIcon1_zps5c7e5298.png  photo CarrieH-SocialMediaIcon_zps6e33496e.png

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hall Pass! A linky!




I found a new linky! Hooray! I saw this popping up on blogs I follow and thought I didn't need a new blog linky.  The more I read, the more I liked the idea. So I am linking up.  Thanks Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits for starting this linky! 

As far as I can tell, these are the only rules. I would say it's always a good idea to find another blog to comment on when you link up. I have made more blog friends through reading and commenting on blogs than any other way. So... here I go! 

Product: I don't create, so I will talk about my favorite purchased product. I love everything about Teachers Pay Teachers. The best, most useful product I have purchased so far is: Miss Kindergarten's January Math and Literacy Centers. You can purchase it here.


Not only is this really helpful, well-made and easy to use, but it's all aligned with common core standards. It is awesome. 

Favorite Area? I would have to say.... the carpet. I love the learning we do on the carpet and we spend a lot of time there. We do most of our core instruction on the carpet, plus transitions, plus read aloud, plus.... (see what I mean? We do a LOT on the carpet).



My "go to" signal is "Class-class" from whole brain teaching. I say "class" in some form or other and students have to respond with "yes." They have to match my "class" with their yes. If I say, "class-class" they say "yes-yes." If I say "classity-class-class," they say "yessity-yes-yes." If I say "Oh... Class!" they say "Oh... Yes!" 

A signal I use a lot is: "freeze!" and students have to stop whatever they are doing. I usually make sure I put my hands in a strange position and freeze them there.  Then they freeze their mouth and their movements. They wait for instruction and when I am finished I say, "un-freeze." 

Sanity? What is that? I don't know if I remember what sanity is! I take solace in food: rich, indulgent, comforting, fattening. I also like sweets and the more stressed I am, the more I just shovel in some chocolate or sugar. I have started to find a small niche in my school and I grab a glimpse of sanity by talking to another teacher in the hall or during a break or sneak over to the other building to talk to the other Kindergarten teacher when students are at music or P.E..  

Stupid, mindless television can be a sanity saver. Here is what we've been watching lately: 

Friends. We don't have cable. Or television to speak of, so we rely on dvd's, netflix, and Hulu.  I have also been watching Psych, Cheers, and Frazier on Netflix. 

Hop over to Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits (at the top of this blog) and read, comment and link up! Thanks! 


5 comments:

  1. So excited to find you through this Hall Pass Linky! It's nice to see new bloggers and guess what? I am a new blogger as well. Looking forward to sharing many kindergarten ideas with you!
    Sherry
    Kindergarten Milestones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hall pass!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Friends. Great reminder to watch and laugh. I need to laugh more.
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete