1. Redhead was sick all week. No photos. Sad Momma. This kiddo finally got dressed on Friday in time for a trip to Kansas and visiting her friends from where we used to live.
2. CRAzY weather = cRaZY KIDS. high in the 70's one day, 40's the next day. We don't go out when it is below 40. If you live where it is cold, that is ridiculous, but it's still okay with me.
3. Our Maria. See the post here. We wrote thank you notes to our custodian, Maria. I love her. I think it is important that my students understand that a school needs all the important adults to make it run correctly. This is true of any organization, this is real life application. Here is a sample of the letter. This little guy got very frustrated but he did a great job and when he was done he was SO proud of his work. He could not wait to tell Ms. Maria that we had something for her.
4. I am trying really hard to do more of letting kids be kids. This is them coloring the paper that the counselor brought and I have a couple who like to work standing up. VERY HARD for the teacher to let them. Small I know. But its rough for me to balance "classroom management" and allowing them to be kids and do what they need to in order to be comfortable at school. It IS their home away from home after all.
5. This is my BFF being too busy to take a picture with me. She was on the phone with work at 10:30 at night. Bummer. I love her. Her home is my home away from home.