Some of my five are regurgitated from earlier in the week.
Wednesday was unseasonably warm. It was 75 degrees here. A week ago it was extremely cold. Too cold to do anything but sit around under a blanket. It got done to 9 degrees a few nights. We have these foot warmers I made for the kids and myself. And I use it every night even if it is not unreasonably cold. They are just a cotton remnant stitched together and filled with rice. So... that is two of my five.
1. This week brought us 75 degrees one day on the playground. Loved it. The kiddos needed it as much as I did.
2. The infamous rice bags/foot warmers. Love them.
This one is my sixteen year old's. Mine is about the same size. Mine is warming my lap as I type.
3. 100th Day. Whew. Can you say exhausted teacher? 100th day is really worthy of it's own post, but I want to say this~ we survived it. I was helping students count out their 10 food items for their 100 snack and I was frustrated because it was taking WAY too long and I said, "oh this is fun!" and I hear a student tell her table partner that she is having SO MUCH FUN. This particular student gets nervous and is really perfectionistic, so when I heard her say this, I could let go, worry less, and enjoy more. They got to wear their way cool hats and I should have gotten a picture of all of them together but I didn't. I had them wear them for their individual photos though.
|Standing next to his 100 google eyes poster, wearing this 100 day hat.|
4. I saw a miracle yesterday. One of my non-english speakers told me about letter B yesterday. What the name of the letter was, what sound it makes, and which pictures started with the /b/ sound. I wanted to kiss him. I held back, but I might brag for awhile. I am so happy for him because the miracle might just happen and I really might be surprised about how ready he is for first grade.
5. Family. The folks are visiting from Kansas. They didn't even see any crazy near-accidents on the way out. I pray it will be same on the trip home for them. God bless the drivers on this highway and keep them safe. Enjoyed time not spent on schoolwork tonight, just the folks and the kids (and now you).
I really enjoy Five for Friday. So I am linking up again. :)