Social Media Icons

 photo CarrieH-Email_zps4241b962.png  photo CarrieH-Facebook_zpsf1571023.png  photo SocialMediaIcon1_zps5c7e5298.png  photo CarrieH-SocialMediaIcon_zps6e33496e.png

Saturday, June 28, 2014

In Search Of.....

Hello friends! I had the best of intentions of getting my mind and blog in order for my Five for Friday, but that didn't really happen. Today I woke up thinking that I really want to re-read some books I have started previously. But I need a partner in crime. Does anyone want to be my reading buddy/accountability buddy/study partner? Here are books I am interested in reading: Guided Reading: The Next Step; and/or The Daily Five. Last summer my vision was short, let's just be honest. I just couldn't wrap my head around teaching grade levels above first grade and so when it started talking about teaching guided reading in Third and Fourth Grade I just couldn't stay interested. I am embarrassed to say that since I taught guided reading for a year and I taught it through Fourth grade. Now I will have fourth graders in my classroom. What a huge transition. I think I am ready. I have a made a huge mental shift this year and I have gained so much experience and knowledge about teaching reading to multiple grade levels. But I digress. I am really looking for someone to read this book and discuss it with me. Any takers? And/or The Daily Five. I think re-reading The Daily Five would make it easier to teach guided reading and I think reading the Guided Reading book would have a completely different meaning for me this summer. So I am in search of a partner to hold me to my task at hand! Help!

I am also in search of: Pen Pals. I am looking for Fourth grade, Third grade and Second grade pen pals. I won't have a lot of each grade level. But I want them to interact with other students through email and/or Skype, or maybe Facetime. I am not familiar with Facetime yet, but we have apple computers in our classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment