Social Media Icons

 photo CarrieH-Email_zps4241b962.png  photo CarrieH-Facebook_zpsf1571023.png  photo SocialMediaIcon1_zps5c7e5298.png  photo CarrieH-SocialMediaIcon_zps6e33496e.png

Saturday, January 2, 2016

January Currently with one little word

So here it is.... new month, new year. I usually get nostalgic and reflect on the previous year. But for whatever reason I have absolutely no interest in that this year. I am not sure why because life is really good today and little reflecting would only solidify that in my mind. But it is time to link up with Farley for Currently, a linky that I enjoy. I enjoy posting and reading. and reading. and reading. I identify with all the other teachers out there giving a quick glimpse into their life via this blog link up. 

Silence is golden, is it not? Even the dogs have gotten lazy and sleep in these days! Oh what a rude awakening awaits us all on Monday!

I have loved making goodies, present preparation, sewing, crafting, playing games, hanging out with my family (loved that special time with my Dad yesterday), cooking, time with my kiddos.... and today I am going to see some dear friends. Excited? Absolutely.

My mind has hit the frenzied mark for getting ready for January in Kindergarten. There are centers to print, cut, laminate and prepare! There are groups to evaluate and move and change and revamp. Seating to change.... you know, the list goes on!

Wanting.... to add more blankets for comfort, whether at rest time or whenever, pillows, stuffed animals and other comforting touches to make our classroom the best/homiest place it can be.

Needing.... a different kind of financial reality to make it all happen.

One little word: momentum. Okay, momentum can be good or bad. It's my one word because right now I have a positive momentum going in my life and I know that I am the one in charge of whether or not it stays this way. I know that when I focus on the good things in life, the good increases. I also know that it might this simple, but it's not always easy. I might have to do some work.... emotionally, mentally, intellectually. I want to increase the good stuff and keep building the momentum of becoming an excellent teacher and a decent human being. It's a lofty goal, but not so unrealistic as some years. What is your one little word for 2016?



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great post.

    Momentum is a cool and creative word! Sometimes the hardest part of being happy or healthy or fulfilled is not getting to that point, but maintaining it. I've found that the best way to achieve this is to surround yourself with positive people. I'm sure a person like yourself is a great positive influence on your students each day.

    I wish you the best in 2016 on your personal and professional goals.


    Shane
    Math is Fundamental

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a great break. I agree that Monday morning will bring with it a harsh reality. Enjoy your last couple days off. Kindergarten must be so much fun, but so much work. Hope you get everything done you need to. I spent a 7 hr day in my classroom over break and was amazed at how little I got accomplished. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have been to my room twice for about 4-5 hours each time. Still so much to do! But I sure did miss those kiddos! I love Kindergarten!

      Delete
  3. Ahhh, a cozy room. Always more that can be done there, right? Good luck and be creative! May all the good keep coming your way and your momentum continue in a positive direction! My word is Courage. Nuf said! Happy New Year!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courage is such a.... brave word! lol! Being courageous can be intimidating for me! My favorite quote about courage is this one: "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'" by Mary Anne Radmacher
      I love your word! It definitely has the power to change our lives!

      Delete