Social Media Icons

 photo CarrieH-Email_zps4241b962.png  photo CarrieH-Facebook_zpsf1571023.png  photo SocialMediaIcon1_zps5c7e5298.png  photo CarrieH-SocialMediaIcon_zps6e33496e.png

Sunday, February 1, 2015

February Currently

It is time for Currently! I am linking up with Farley for February Currently. Head over and read everyone's Currently!

I was so excited when Friends came to Netflix. But now it is on just about any time we are awake. Don't judge me, my kid watches inappropriate television. So in the early morning I was listening to the quiet of my home and heater running but since Punky is up, it is the sound of Friends in the background now.

Loving..... I love my home. I take it for granted all too often, but as the cold wind howls outside, I am reminded that our home is cozy and warm and I truly love it.

Thinking.... I really feel guilty for taking time out for Currently. Which goes to show that planning and grading run my life. And you can see that it didn't stop me. I love linking up for Currently!

Wanting.... I keep thinking of so many really great things I want/need for my classroom. I want to add flashlights to our Fantastic Friday reading time! And beanbags. and iPads. and, and, and.... my wanter is turned on high.

Needing.... a hug. Sometimes life is like that.

Pageant Title: I tried and tried to come up with something that wasn't so similar to Farley's, but we are all so fluent in sarcasm at our house. And me, being the queen "B" here, I have taught it to my kids. Sometimes my youngest has to ask... "are you joking? or serious?" because sometimes you just can't tell when we are serious and when we are joking. I am totally the queen of sarcasm, so if you are not fluent, you might not survive here.

10 comments:

  1. Our Currently's are so similiar, it's funny. Glad you are inside keeping warm and working on school things too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! My very first year teaching we moved out of our home and into a house where we could feel the wind whipping through the house and the cold coming up through the floors! I learned not to take my well-built, well-insulated home or granted anymore!

      Delete
  2. I too have been watching Friends NON stop since it came to Nextflix! We all need time to chill and be us. The grading and planning will be there. Sending you a few hugs{{{ }}}} Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thankfully there are a LOT of episodes! We keep running out of shows on Netflix!

      Delete
  3. Don't feel guilty for blog hopping! Life is about balance. You can't spend every moment on school work. (At least that's what I tell myself when I'm blog hopping)
    KinderIrick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Balance is my ONE WORD for 2015, but I do think there should be some sort of Professional Development award for blogging and blog-hopping/blog-stalking!

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry you've had a rough weekend! I can't help you with beanbags or iPads, but I have some colorful body pillows stashed in a closet (we can't have them in our classrooms) that I'm happy to send you if you'd like. Seriously, I'll just stick 'em in vacuum bags and send them your way. I hope things start to look up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! See.... blogging really is a valuable part of our profession! Not to mention that reading your post felt very much like a hug. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. My wanter is on high right now also. Flashlights? Fantastic idea! So gonna do that this week!!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete