Social Media Icons

 photo CarrieH-Email_zps4241b962.png  photo CarrieH-Facebook_zpsf1571023.png  photo SocialMediaIcon1_zps5c7e5298.png  photo CarrieH-SocialMediaIcon_zps6e33496e.png

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My 12 in '12



My friend Alyce from Mrs. Bartel's School Family is taking part in a Linky party, linking up to share our favorite 12 of 2012. I think it is an awesome idea, and so instead of trying to organize or put up the tree, I am typing away about my 12 in '12. This idea is from Miss Kindergarten and A Teeny Tiny Teacher so don't forget to go their pages, read their 12 and connect with other blogs and finally, to link up too.


All you have to do is think back at your favorites in 2012 and add a few pictures. What a fun way to remember the year, huh!? You can use these prompts if you'd like, or just type up your 12 favorite things! 
12. Favorite movie you watched:
11. Favorite TV series:
10. Favorite restaurant:
9. Favorite new thing you tried:
8. Favorite gift you got:
7. Favorite thing you pinned:
6. Favorite blog post:
5. Best accomplishment:
4. Favorite picture:
3. Favorite memory:
2. Goal for 2013:
1. One Little Word:
How to link up:
Create a blog post sharing your favorite 12 things in 2012. Add the button to your post and link it to this blog post. Then link up below, making sure to link directly to your post, not just your blog.
Here are my faves:

12. Favorite movie I watched: Ummm.... I am coming up blank. I did enjoy watching The Odd Life of Timothy Green with my little Punky.  







11. Favorite TV series: Parenthood.  All my friends post about this show and I finally started watching it on Netflix. The redhead and I like to watch it after the Punky-girl goes to bed. We are addicted to Parenthood.



10. Favorite Restaurant. We discovered this little place that is halfway between here and there.  That's right, halfway between our home now and the home that we moved away from. Pueblo Nuevo.  Good mexican food, friendly service. 

9. Favorite New thing that I have tried. Is it cheating to say teaching? I love teaching and I AM a first year teacher. I don't wake up EVERY day and think, "yes, I am so glad I spent all this money going back to college..." but just about every day. I love experiencing the classroom and being the teacher. Yes I do. :)

8. Favorite gift I got. Hmmm. I got so many cool gifts this year. I got great graduation gifts and great birthday gifts and I've received countless gifts from family and friends since we've moved here.  I don't know if I can choose a favorite.

December 12: I am editing the gift section. Last night I was cleaning, trying to get unpacked enough to put up a Christmas tree, and I found something that the Punkinseed gave me when we moved. This HAS to be my best gift this year! Two coupons for a one hour nap (I think that means she won't wake me?!) and two coupons for a 30 minute massage from the Punky-girl. Such a sweet and thoughtful gift. The best! (The numbers on the coupons indicate how many times I can use them).


7. Favorite thing that I pinned. This was a tough one since I joined Pinterest just a year ago and have gone crazy pinning since then. Quotes and sayings always stand out but this might be the best one I have:

Hard to remember

6. Favorite blog post. It think it is: Common Core and Christmas because it feels good to explain the standards, the shift in what students need to learn, and to show what is happening in our classroom. It is also really recent so I still have a warm fuzzy place in my heart for it. 

5. Best Accomplishment. Well I have two. or three. Graduating from College with honors.  Getting a teaching job. The third one could possibly be packing up my family and moving away from everything and everyone that we know. It was a brave thing to do. It might have been rather stupid, but I am trying to look at the brave part. 

4. Favorite picture. Well, it's not on here. My favorite picture is from the end of the summer when my family came to my house to celebrate birthdays and there is this one picture of Myself, Red, and Punk and we are all smiling and full of promise and hope about the future. Love that one. Here is the one that I have in the computer that I like so much because I say that it depicts "the real me." 


3. Favorite Memory. Again, since it's been such a year of change, I find it hard to figure out the best one. Maybe it is the little party that the students and room parents gave me at the end of student teaching last year. That was quite a day. 

2. Goal for 2013. Hmmph. I am not sure about that one. To spend a quiet time with God every day and to read something that is food for my soul like a meditation book or devotional and to discuss the readings with my girls.

1. One little word. Grace. Amazing Grace.... how sweet the sound. When I am aware of my spiritual condition, I am much more able to receive the grace that God has so freely given to me.

So link up, read and repost. 

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I was just thinking I need a new picture of me. But I have to admit that the "hippy-me" is the "real" me.

      Delete
  2. I love that pin...I try and talk to my Firsties about that! I definitely know some grown-ups that need that quote!

    Grace is such a great word and I am so grateful for God's abundant Grace.

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! I am so excited to have a new follower! Your blog is awesome! I will check out your TpT store more soon! Looks great!

      Delete
  3. I love finding new blogs to follow! I would love to have you as an official follower...thank you for the sweet words about my blog! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete