Social Media Icons

 photo CarrieH-Email_zps4241b962.png  photo CarrieH-Facebook_zpsf1571023.png  photo SocialMediaIcon1_zps5c7e5298.png  photo CarrieH-SocialMediaIcon_zps6e33496e.png

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Five for.... well, I managed to miss Friday again!

Five for Friday on Saturday (again)! But I still wanted to post five things from our week and link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching!
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2016/05/five-for-friday-linky-party-may-13th.html
This week I am posting five random things from my week. I don't always feel like they are all that random and I remember when I took pictures throughout the week with this linky in mind! This week, I have an eclectic mix of home and school.

1. Sight word practice! We've learned our 27 Trick words for Fundations. We added some words we "just needed" to be able to be good readers, we learned our color words and we know number words for numbers 0-10 (and we are familiar with 11-20). We recently added a sight word center for end of day centers that involves turning over a sight word flashcard, saying the word, writing it in shaving cream, erasing it and doing it all over again. This is a crazy-fun center. I have had a lot of fun with it and after I smooth out the shaving cream that has been sprayed on the table, I like to give high 5's. Sometimes shaving cream gets in our hair and, well, everywhere. Maybe this is why we love it. (I even corrupted some of our 5th grade technology helpers one day)!


2.We are learning about Frogs and life cycles! They are working so hard to write a sentence about what they learned about the life cycle of a frog and then add a picture with details and five colors that matches what they wrote. This is a Kindergarten writing standard and they are giving their very best!


3. My fur babies! My youngest put bandannas on the dogs the other night. They are so much a part of our family! The little dachshund is named Hundley and the terrier mix is Alice! We've had Hundley for almost 8 years and Alice for 1 year!
Alice is not good at holding still for photos! 
She is even wiggling in this picture!
4. Mother's day gifts! We gave our mom's an impatiens in a decorated cup and a card that read: Dear (fill in the blank-- one friend filled in Dad's name since Dad is his primary care giver): My love for you grows and grows. Love, (sign your name).

I love these! As a Mom, this would be favorite gift because of the hand print!


5. Well, I don't really have good pictures for this one! I'm just throwing a few personal/family things together as one! Thursday, my youngest had an MRI of her head and had to hold perfectly still in that tube for over 30 minutes! She did an amazing job and we are waiting to hear back from her doctor to see if we can solve the mystery of her frequent headaches. And my 19 year old (almost 20, oh my) is home this week! I didn't snap any great selfies! But we got up early on Friday even though I took a personal day and we got in line for Hurts Donuts! We had to get the maple bacon long johns too!


Someone asked if the maple bacon ones were even good.... they were amazing! I am, however, postponing the blood work I was supposed to get done this week so my arteries have a chance to recover!

In summary, I am blown away by what my Kinders handwriting looked like at the beginning of the year and the difference I see now! I also marvel at the vast diversity in their progress! I love their willingness to work hard and persevere when things get tough! Pencil grip, letter formation, letter spacing.... they are learning so much! And they will be Firsties in a few short days!

No comments:

Post a Comment