Social Media Icons

 photo CarrieH-Email_zps4241b962.png  photo CarrieH-Facebook_zpsf1571023.png  photo SocialMediaIcon1_zps5c7e5298.png  photo CarrieH-SocialMediaIcon_zps6e33496e.png

Saturday, January 3, 2015

A 2015 Resolution linky....

I am linking up with The Third Wheel for a resolution linky. Head over, download the pic and link up yourself!

Home: Be present. I bring home work every. single. night. So even though I made an agreement with my daughter to leave school at 5(ish), so we can be home by 6 every night, it is not really the end of my work night. My goal is to limit my time at home that I spend on school and be PRESENT with my child, really engaging in whatever it is that we do. I am not COMPLETELY in denial, I know that I'll have to do some work at home (or stay later at the school), but I hope to limit time and be more intentional with my daughter.

Work: Get more organized. Consistency with guided reading groups. Get more organized. Some parts of my planning/teaching are really organized. But some parts are not. I want to try to get thing mapped out month by month and get centers printed, laminated, and ready for the MONTH for all grade levels. That will lend itself more to being present at home. Consistency with guided reading groups. I'm having a terrible time getting groups in consistently and I have some ideas to make this smoother this semester. I am going to create rotations and set a timer. I've been reading and it works for some people. I am also going to restructure groups to have fewer of them.  I hope it will increase my chances of reading with every student on a more consistent basis.

Health: Just Do It. Every year I make resolutions about my health. Last February I landed in the hospital due to my body's lessening ability to live stressed out all the time and how it affects my blood pressure (the bottom number was over 110). I need to learn to de-stress. I tell myself that EVERY DAY. And every day I make myself sick worrying about life at home, life at school, whether people "like me" or not, and any other thing I can imagine to worry about. My body needs movement outside of the classroom. I need to just get up and walk, walk, walk. And I also want to eat healthier. I will probably have to do this via crockpot, since we are gone so much of the time.

Blog: be more intentional. I want to be more focused and make sure I am telling about what we do in our classroom and give proper credit where credit is due. Since I am NOT a TpT creator, just a consumer. I want to remember to provide links to the great materials I use. I want to use my blog to tell more often and more in-depth about what we are doing and not just in a Five-for-Friday kind of way (although it IS the most consistent linky I post in).

What are your New Year's Resolutions? Goals? Accomplishments? I would love to hear them.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up! I love my crockpot. If you jump on the bandwagon, you'll have to share any great recipes you find. The best one I have found is the lasagna in the crockpot. Not so healthy, but so incredibly delicious.

    Mrs. D
    The Third Wheel

    ReplyDelete