Social Media Icons

 photo CarrieH-Email_zps4241b962.png  photo CarrieH-Facebook_zpsf1571023.png  photo SocialMediaIcon1_zps5c7e5298.png  photo CarrieH-SocialMediaIcon_zps6e33496e.png

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Five for Saturday....

I am linking up with Doodlebugs today.

 1. This is more than a week ago. We started making maracas on May 5th, to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.


 2.  We all wore the tie-dye shirts we made last week on the last day of school. Since our school is closing I felt like we needed to go out with a big bang. So we made the shirts (time-consuming, but look at them... oh-so-cool) last week and then on the last day we signed each other's shirts and wore them.

 3. We had four painted lady butterflies to release. We were planning to release them on Monday, but it was cold, windy and rainy, so we added this our last day festivities.


 4. We had a big end of year blowout. Tuesday night after our last morning together, we had a potluck, waterslide inflatable, and a little music program. We laughed, cried, said our goodbyes.... and shivered! The kids were COLD but it did not slow them down! They down that water slide again and again....




5. I received an acrostic poem from a student. LOVE, love, love..... <3
from stoodents
we love you!
Ms. Horn
My teacher
stoodent!
hellpful techer
One fun techer
relly funny
nice!
I am sad but my heart is full. Today I am not in despair wondering if I am really a teacher and what that means. I know I reached these kids. When I lament and think.... "I should have done this" or "Next year I'll do this differently...." I also know that love covers a multitude of mistakes and my students and families know that I love them and their test scores (benchmark, end of year assessments) show that. Love and acceptance are the game-changing factors when it comes to reaching kids and teaching them.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have been doing a lot of fun things! I remember making tie-dye shirts in 6th grade like 16 years ago so it is definitely a memorable experience : )

    The Sassy Sub

    ReplyDelete